Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Brookside Gardens, MD

Went bird watching today in and around Brookside gardens. Didn't see anything too exciting, just the usuals: a few different woodpeckers, white-throated sparrows, cardinals, etc. But still a nice trip.

This song sparrow had a very pretty song and was really the only decent bird shot I got. The photos I got of the white-throated sparrows are decent enough to paint from - they are attractive birds, maybe I'll paint one soon.

The earliest blooming plants were out and that was nice to see.

A patch of snowdrops


Helleborus

Witch hazel is fun to photograph. I think I want one in my yard at some point. Here are a few shots of it.




This was a flowering bulb I don't remember seeing before called Winter Aconite. Low growing and very bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment