Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Maine Lighthouses

Here are just a few lighthouses we saw in Maine. Had a lot of fun driving around and seeing them. I plan to paint them, which will keep me busy for quite a while.

Curtis Island Lighthouse in fog.

Marshall Point Lighthouse (above and below). I visited all the close ones in foggy and clear weather for some different pictures.



Owl's Head Lighthouse from the ferry

Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse

Pemaquid Point Lighthouse. Fun tide pools and rocks to explore.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, evocative photos. Did you make any watercolor sketches while you were visiting, too? Or will you paint in the studio using your memory and photographs taken on the trip?

    I took a floorcloth painting class in Maine a few summers back, and I just loved the state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I didn't have time to do any painting while I was there. So for now it will all be studio work.
    I loved it as well - it's a very beautiful place. I hope to go back in the near future and do some sketches and plein air watercolors.

    ReplyDelete